When people are trying to lose weight they try to create an effective diet plan.
There are many different types of diet programs and diet foods. A lot of people think of losing weight when they hear the term diet food. This isn’t always the case; it all depends on what you are creating a diet for. If you are creating a diet to get bigger to complement your hard work in the gym then your diet will contain foods with numerous amounts of calories.
Choosing A Healthy Diet
1. Limit or eliminate fast food meals high in salt, unhealthy fat and empty calories
2. Be sure to eat a diet that includes food from most of the foods groups daily.
3. Your diet should include protein, vegetables, fruits, carbohydrates and healthy fats.
4. Be careful about the amount and type of animal products you use. Milk, cheese, beef and pork are high fat.
5. Eggs are high in cholesterol. Consider using egg replacer.
6. Many packaged and canned foods contain Monosodium glutimate (MSG). Stay away from them.
7. Eat lots of fresh berries. They are high in antioxidants.
8. Good sources of protein include: sea food, lean meats, flax seed, quinoa, nuts and beans and rice together.
9. Eat lots of mixed nuts. They provide protein, polyunsaturated fat, fiber, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
10. Eats lots of green leafy vegetables. Foods like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale and bok Choy are high in vitamins and minerals and provide essential roughage needed for digestion.
11. Low fat yogurt provides protein, vitamins and minerals and aids in gastrointestinal health.
12. Omega 3 fatty acids are important for health. They are found in large quantities in wild salmon. Stay away from farm raised salmon, it is not as nutritious. Fish oil helps the joints and the skin to remain healthy
13. Spinich is an import food. It prevents bone and muscle loss.
14. Lean cuts of red meat provide protein vitamin B12, iron and zinc.
15. Teas can play an important role in any healthy diet. Green tea contains antioxidants, improves blood sugar, speeds fat loss aids circulation and is a natural diuretic.
16. Try cooking with virgin olive oil instead of lard, butter or margarine. Virgin olive oil can play an important role in heart health.
17. Fruits and vegetables are important to any diet because they help to detoxify the body, contain antioxidants, reduces damage caused by muscular breakdown and speeds healing.
18. Eat lots of complex carbohydrates. They are a wholesome source of energy. Foods like brown rice, baked potatoes, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta and avocado are good sources of complex carbohydrates.
19. Eat products made with whole grains. They are more nutritious than products made with white flour and they provide a valuable source of dietary fiber.
20. Drink lots of cool, clean water. The body uses water for many of its functions